ColorFabb LW-ASA 1.75 mm - Natural
ColorFabb filament spool of LW-ASA 1.75mm
ColorFabb's LW-ASA allows parts to be manufactured with classic ASA characteristics, but up to 2.5 times lighter! Using a technology who looks like to expanded foam, it’s called "active foam" by colorFabb engineers. Material begins to expand around an extrusion temperature of 230 ° C, this allows to reduce feed flow by up to 60% in order to obtain parts that are more lighter weight with equal strong.
Generally, with LW-ASA you can make parts that it has very good impact resistance, unlike LW-PLA which is more brittle.
In addition, LW-ASA has very good UV resistance, which makes it suitable for all outdoor applications.
However, ASA is more sensitive to warping than PLA, which makes it more difficult to implement. A close chamber is recommended.
Warning: to get benefit from the specificities of this filament, it’s essential to have a very good control of it’s printing parameters.
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm +/- 0.1mm
- Raw material: LW-ASA
- Density: 1.07g/cm3 (unexpanded) / 0.43g/cm3 (expanded, printing flow is 40%)
- Printing temperature: 240 – 260 °C
- Printing bed temperature: 90 – 100 °C
- Printing speed: 30 – 50 mm/s
- Spool size: diameter 200mm, hole 53mm, width 57mm
- Material weight: 650g minimum
- Color: Natural
Made in the Nederland
Photos are not contractual.